Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2.1) 30 Day Guarantee
The 30 day money back guarantee is only valid on purchases made prior to June 1st, 2017. If you feel that the course will not improve your marks you may claim a refund. We operate a fair use refund policy: This means we reserve the right not to refund the course if we feel you are taking advantage of the refund policy. Examples of taking advantage of the refund policy include, but are not limited to:
- Using premium services such as tutor lessons: Some of our premium services include tutoring lessons. As we have to pay the tutor for this time, it's not fair to expect us to refund you if you have used these services. If only a proportion has been used then we would work out a fair proportion to refund.
- Waiting too long to advise us of a refund, if you are in any way unhappy with the course please contact us immediately so we can take action to correct it.
- Using the course to study for exams and then requesting refund around the time of your exam.
- Using a significant proportion of the course before asking for a refund. We believe that you should be able to decide whether the course is working for you or not before you have almost completed the course. If the course is not working for you, we encourage you to stop using it and ask for a refund before you get more than 25% of the way through. Students who have completed more of the course than this are not eligible for a refund.
- Any indications of copyright abuse or "competitor shopping".
- Sharing privately issued coupon codes to others.
- Minor missing content and or errors. We do our best to make sure that the course is as complete and accurate as possible but no one can guarantee perfection. If a you believe that there are significant omissions and errors then please advise us in the first instance and give us a chance to fix it.
- Not doing the work. The course does not download the information into a user's brain - they have to use the lessons and make notes like we suggest. Paying for the course is one way we encourage students to actually use the course. Because if students get it for free they will be less likely to "do the work". Not doing enough work is evidence of students not even trying. We encourage users to try a minimum of 15% of the lessons with high quality notes before they can make an informed decision.
- A user's own technical difficulties.
- User excuses: "Not having enough time" etc. is not an excuse that will get you a good grade and it's not an excuse that carries water with us either. If there is a tragedy that is out of your control such a death in the family, major sickness, major accident we will of course send you our best wishes and refund you.
- Language difficulties: in order to benefit from the course it is expected that users have a strong grasp of the english language.
- Falsified information: if a user provides invalid information upon enrolment, such as email address, name, year of study, or exam board they do not qualify for the money back guarantee.
- When a student skips ahead in the videos, take notes or screen shots, but do not actually hit play, our system records it. Every time a student does this, it will be considered a 'video watch' and will be added to the percentage that they have completed.
- Students who enrol in the course, binge watch tutorials, and then request a refund right before exams or during exam time are not eligible for a refund.
- The AS & A2 tutorials are up to 40 hours of tutorial videos each. Students who enrol in either course are responsible for their own time management. If a student purchases the course, watches as many videos as possible prior to an exam, and then requests a refund - they will not be eligible. This would be considered 'taking advantage' of our money back guarantee. use a portion of the course (greater than 20%) to watch tutorials prior to their exam, and then request a refund
2.2) 7 Day Guarantee
- Applies from purchases made between June 1st, 2017 - July 1st, 2017. This money back guarantee change is implemented because any purchases made during this time will be used in under 30 days.
- The 7 day money back guarantee ONLY applies to students who are currently revising for AS and who are purchasing the Ultimate Guide to AS & A2 course package.
- To qualify for this refund, a student must have watched at least 5% of the videos, but less than 15%. Students who only take notes on the tutorials without watching, or take screen shots of notes, do not qualify for a refund.
2.3) Money Back Guarantee During Exams
- The money back guarantee does NOT apply during exams.
- Students who choose to enrol in the course so close to exams may not have enough time to complete the course, and we can not be held responsible for students who have not designated the proper amount of time to revise.
- The Free Trial gives a very clear indication of the type of tutorials, as well as the amount of tutorials, which will ensure that students have enough information to make an informed decision before they purchase the course.
3. Improve A Grade or Get Your Money Back
- You must provide valid credentials upon enrolment, including name, email, year of study and exam board.
- You must be fluent in the english language and not struggle with the comprehension of relevant language.
- Students who are eligible for SEN support, and would like to opt in to the money back guaruntee, must notify us upon enrolment so that we can asses the need for additional tutorial support through our system. Notification is optional, but required for the Money Back Guarantee.
- You must complete the courses you're enrolled in, in order for the tool to be effective (95% completion is OK but 55% is not).
- Complete the 'Required Student Information' form - this should be done within a week of joining the course.
- If you are currently an A* level student you cannot improve by a grade but we will give you a refund if you do not achieve an A* in your national exams.
- If it doesn't work out... Send us a photo of your results slip, clearly showing your name, marks and grades for all your Biology A-Level units / modules. ([email protected])
- We'll check how much of the course you completed (we get all the usage data) and compare your starting grade against your finishing grade. If you didn't improve then we'll send you a full refund.
- This offer does NOT apply to courses purchased after June 1st, 2017. The only exception being AS students who are purchasing the Ultimate Guide to AS & A2 for exams in 2018.
4. Use License
- All materials are copyright Tailored Tutors.
- The courses and materials are exclusively for the use of individual students studying for their exams. If you are a teacher, tutor, organisation or charity you must make Tailored Tutors aware of this when you enrol as there to avoid copyright infringement.
- Permission is granted to view the materials for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any content contained on Tailored Tutors' web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Tailored Tutors at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Login details and accounts may not be shared with other students. The site tracks users IP address and alerts us when unusual sign in activity occurs.
- The materials on Tailored Tutors' web site are provided 'as is'. Tailored Tutors' makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Tailored Tutors does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Tailored Tutors or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Tailored Tutors' Internet site, even if Tailored Tutors or a Tailored Tutors authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
7. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Tailored Tutors' web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Tailored Tutors does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Tailored Tutors may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Tailored Tutors does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Tailored Tutors has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Tailored Tutors of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.